Friday, December 08, 2006

my new talent


So I discovered a new talent I never knew I had. I guess I kind of knew, but have not been able to utilize it. I used to sublet my apartments when I was in college for $650- 700 for 2- 2.5 months. People used to say that I was crazy, because normally, people advertised for $250-300 for the summer semester and that seemed to be enough for them. Well, not for me! My apartments were all very nice (sometimes too nice for a normal college kid) except this one apartment I lived in with my sis during my junior year. At first, we were excited about the apt becaues it felt like we were at a secluded resort in a wooded area, but later on, that became creepy.... freaky... because it was a half-basement! It was like one-of-a-kind zoo, specialized in bugs as we saw all kinds of insects we had never seen before.... Yeww.....


Anyway, the money I eaerned from sub-letting... of course, I split with my roomate, but still, it was good money in addition to the $$ I earned from reselling my books after each semester was over. How did I spend all that money? I don't even remember.... I always bought a lot of things.... and now that I realize how much crap I've accumulated from all those years of moving back and forth while I was in school and in between schools, I am determined to sell things I have not used for years although they are new or almost new. I can't believe how much $$$ I wasted all these years, buying unnecessary crap and all. I'm just happy to get rid of them all.

I guess we all learn something new everyday.... I've been learning recently not to be compulsive when it comes to shopping. I just think about all the crap I have to sell. I'm sure there is a ton of more stuff I can sell... I just can't think of all of them! Anyway, all my listings are pretty hot because of the good pictures ;) and who ever gets my stuff is a lucky bastard... that's all I gotta say.
Photo by J. Lee

No comments: