Sunday, July 08, 2007

annoying night

My friend's bachelorette party this weekend turned out all right. It first started with checking into our hotel suite- that was sweet. After dropping off our stuff there, we took a humid ride to dinner at a restaurant that didn't have AC working and ice in my water melting at a faster rate than I could gulp down the whole cup. The special activity that followed after we came back to our suite was not what we expected and was surprised with a substitute that didn't quite satisfy any of us. Because my day started early yesterday with patients starting at 9am, I was already getting tired and was ready to nap. I mean, my schedule yesterday was crazy and as soon as I was done with work, I fussed up to get ready ASAP then picked up another friend, so there was no chance for any type of break not to mention having time to nibble on anything. The night continued after the uninteresting activity- we chilled for a little while, then made a trip to a club that left with me with not many choices. We all cabbed to the club, intending to get buzzed, but as far as I can tell, I was not getting buzzed for the life of me- no matter how hard I tried... My plan left me much soberity ironically and little dinero after spending $$$ on alcohol.. I mean, I was buzzing for a total of two minutes when I gulped down several glasses of white peach sangria in an empty stomach. Seriously, my stomach was eating itself after waiting 10 hours since the breakfast. Well, after stuffing my sad stomach with a bunch of everything and lots of my favorite mussels, that buzzness completely went away and didn't know to come back even after pouring in martini and LOTS of shots in a row. I finally did what I usually do not do- I gave up. No motivation to dance the night away, no motivation to drink anymore. Time flew by watching other do dance-offs and I was more annoyed than ever that I decided to just head back. There were more things or I should say 'guys' that annoyed me throughout the night, and one even came off a little scary, but it was all good when I went back to the hotel and just chilled. All of us woke up early this morning and sat around talking about nothing and everything. On a day like today, it would be best to sit on the beach and nap, but I am sticking to my plan to get back in the game in the world of golf, so I am going to rest up and swing away this afternoon!

No comments: