Saturday, June 30, 2007

anti-aa

People that know me well know very well that I don't like to fly American Airlines. I think the last time I was on an AA plane was when I flew to Paris with my sister close to 10 years ago. The trip back and forth on that AA made the worst impression of any airlines I had flown, i.e. a drunk stalker passenger that didn't stop talking to me progressively got worse because this stupid flight attendant kept giving him more alcohol, and on the way back, I had to experience a horrific flight thanks to a psychotic, bipolar drugged-up flight attendant that was kicking around passengers' bags and refused to get me and my sister any type of beverage, not even water!!! She was getting mad like a crazy cow at passengers for no apparent reason and had this Nazi attitude about everything. Feeling extremely uneasy and disturbed by the digusting experience, I wrote a formal complaint email to AA. Eventually, some dude called and offered a free ticket, and I flat out refused. That's how much I was disgusted by them and I still am. Some of you know me very well- once I am turned off, there is no coming back at all... it is extremely difficult for me to recover. As I started to travel more often, I became a faithful UA user since then... I'm very stubborn to not fly AA even till this day. My travel buddy flies no one but AA, so we always end up booking different flights, and it will stay that way as long as I live.

Well, just a few days ago, I received a letter with my mileage summary from AA and an invitation to redeem miles for magazine subscriptions. This is the first time they sent me such letter. Why not, I thought... Most likely, I will not be flying AA in the future anyhow unless AA is the only airline existent on this planet, and I know the miles will expire this year, so I did what I usually don't do- order subscriptions. Fortunately (?), I didn't have enough miles to get a reward trip, and used up all but 24 miles to get nine different magazines- no, they are not all fashion magazines. Some business, golf, FOOD, and home interioir mags... Although I've left the measly 24 miles- unused, this is more or less a final closure that will forever close the door to AA.

No comments: